Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Who Knew

Decided to stroll Sam's on my lunch hour today since it's a minute away and haven't been there in a long time. I pull in the parking lot and nearly rear end a van who stopped fast in front of me narrowly missing the people off to side as I werved a bit to avoid it. Still can't believe I DIDN'T hit them, whew. Of course ALL the handicap spaces are taken. It's mind boggling. Is every driver on the road handicapped? Sure seems that way with rarely a space open anywhere. There are 3 aisles with geez 10 (estimate) spaces each, if not more. Yet at noon on a Tuesday all are full. Retirees ? So what the bleep I think, need exercise anyway and park way out yonder. So I grab the triple sized cart and off I go. Make note of the 3 inch memory foam topper at a good price. Add to wish list. Glance at TV's and think when time comes for new TV would shop here rather than Best Buy. Semi-ogle the jewelry. Reminds me of Service Merchandise who had a huge discounted jewelry section among other household things. I miss that store. Grab a gallon of Simple Green then search for to-go paper coffee cups. They have nice sturdy non foam ones by Dixie, 168 cups for 10 bucks. Sounds good to me (this is my way to get back at Starbucks high prices, make own lattes). But of course no lids!! Target sells the exact cups with lids but in 12 packs. Moving on I am in love with a pallet of Majestic Palms. The look healthy and vibrant, you might say, majestic :) and huge, taller than me. Only $10.88. I attempted to lift, no-go. And no time to find help. Theres no such thing as a leisure lunch hour on the clock. On to browse food. I'm starving too. It was hard to find something without tons of msg, preservatives and/or hydrogenated oils but narrowed it down to chicken quesdillas and chicken salad. Grabbed the salad. Grabbed a bag of wild cod. Looked longingly down the candy aisle. Time is up. Got in long line. This place is ALWAYS busy. Finally I'm up and cashier takes the member card then asks me if my other card is credit or debit. Credit I say. Did not have debit card on me. We only take cash or debit card he says. I'm stunned. Guess live in a hole as this was news to me. Then guess I can't pay I say back thinking I actually lip read a cashier for once in my life. He swipes away my cod, Simple Green, and chicken salad (as if I'm going to make a run for it I laugh) . Still hungry I make the long walk back to car thinking about the Majestic Palm.

No comments: