Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Its the 17th of January and still mulling over NY resolutions. I like to keep them small ie doable! One I just remembered was to not buy lunch out every day thus save $$, and its probably, no it IS a lot healthier to pack own. This is a common dilemma for people who work in offices such as myself. The hurdle is it takes planning and preparing. Time. I find it hard to wake up at 6:15, shower, get ready and out door by 7:30. But you know this shouldn't be hard. I estimate I spend easy $150 on lunches a month. This doesn't include my $4 starbucks coffee addiction. That is another resolution. Going to stop spending so many Cindybucks at Starbucks. Anyway, back to packing lunches. Now that it's in writing here maybe I'll be more motivated to follow through. I'd love some ideas for easy to pack but satisfying brown bag lunches. The catch is I do not use microwaves anymore, ok, very very seldom. I got rid of mine at home 2 years ago and don't miss it all. So that elimates frozen meals which is ok. (disclaimor: I don't judge people who do, nor do I know for fact microwaves are harmful. I just don't. Please respect my views and I will respect yours). So I'm thinking the usual cold sandwiches, soup in thermos options. Wonder what other people do?

3 comments:

aldasuncoast@yahoo.com said...

testin

Unknown said...

What about a mini crock pot? Prep your stew or chicken and dumplings the night before and heat at work, should be ready by lunchtime.

Sharon said...

This can be a dilemma. A thermos will work for soups, esp. if you place in a thermal bag as well. Good whole wheat breads or crackers go great with them. You can also slice chicken or other favorite meat the night before, carry separately from your lettuce and make a salad at the table, using small containers of spreads and dressings.